Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Where Does the Girlfriend Sit?

Eli has had a love of motorcycles for a long time, getting excited each time one passes us in the car or we see one parked in a parking lot on our way into a store or restaurant. This evening, on the way into church, there was motor scooter parked right along the sidewalk. Well, that is what Eli called it, "Look, Mommy!! It's a motor scooter!" "It sure is, baby." Standing there, I could tell he was thinking about something. The seat on this motor scooter wasn't nearly as big as the seat on a motorcycle. So, naturally, his question would be, "Mommy, where does the girlfriend sit?" Laughing, I told him that the girlfriend could still sit on the back. Then I suggested, "Maybe it is a girl who drives that motorcycle." Aunt Kathy has a motorcycle, did he forget that? He must have because the next thing that came out of his mouth... "It's not a girl's job to ride a motorcycle, Mommy." "It isn't? Well, what is a girl's job?" "To be a Mommy."

1 comment: