Over the past week, it seems as if Eli's feet have grown a lot. Today, we went shoe shopping. After visiting three different stores, we found the Spiderman shoes he wanted, the coolest shoes he's ever had, so he says. He was so happy, excited, and most of all appreciative. It makes a mommy happy when she hears her child use good manners, like please and thank you. I always try to make sure Eli and Bella are polite, but to see and hear actual appreciation, that really makes my heart melt. More than once since getting home this afternoon, Eli has thanked me for his shoes. "Mommy, thank you so much for getting me my new shoes. I really like them." I LOVE THAT! While looking through pics on my phone, I found this picture Eli snapped.
Tuesday, August 2, 2011
Sweet Boy
Today, Eli made his bed without even being asked. He closed his door and told Bella he didn't want her in there. A few minutes later, Eli came out and said, "Mommy, come look." My thoughts? Oh goodness! What did he do in there? But, when I walked in, he said, "Look Mommy. I made my bed." I, of course, praised him. Grinning from ear to ear, he was so proud of himself. I hope it continues. He actually did a really good job.

Over the past week, it seems as if Eli's feet have grown a lot. Today, we went shoe shopping. After visiting three different stores, we found the Spiderman shoes he wanted, the coolest shoes he's ever had, so he says. He was so happy, excited, and most of all appreciative. It makes a mommy happy when she hears her child use good manners, like please and thank you. I always try to make sure Eli and Bella are polite, but to see and hear actual appreciation, that really makes my heart melt. More than once since getting home this afternoon, Eli has thanked me for his shoes. "Mommy, thank you so much for getting me my new shoes. I really like them." I LOVE THAT! While looking through pics on my phone, I found this picture Eli snapped.
Over the past week, it seems as if Eli's feet have grown a lot. Today, we went shoe shopping. After visiting three different stores, we found the Spiderman shoes he wanted, the coolest shoes he's ever had, so he says. He was so happy, excited, and most of all appreciative. It makes a mommy happy when she hears her child use good manners, like please and thank you. I always try to make sure Eli and Bella are polite, but to see and hear actual appreciation, that really makes my heart melt. More than once since getting home this afternoon, Eli has thanked me for his shoes. "Mommy, thank you so much for getting me my new shoes. I really like them." I LOVE THAT! While looking through pics on my phone, I found this picture Eli snapped.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment