Bella, are you excited about going to school tomorrow?
No, I not excited.
Ooohhh, you are going to have so much fun at school! Your teacher, Ms. Kristie, is so nice. You are going to like her.
I don't like Ms. Kristie. She is not nice.
Oh goodness...
But, this morning was a different story. She was excited and ready to go!
As we got to school, Bella's cries were also reminiscent of Eli's cries the first several months of school. As the three of us entered her classroom, spoke with Ms. Kristie, and met the other children in her class, Bella wanted nothing to do with any of them. She knew I was going to have to leave, and she wanted me to hold her. After trying to get her to talk to some of the other children, play with the toys, dress up in a costume, do a puzzle, etc.. I had to kiss her, tell her I would be back, and then hand her off to Ms. Kristie. The entire time, she was screaming and reaching for me. It was as if I could feel her little hands pulling me toward her. Walking out the door and feeling so very sad, Eli and I continued down the hall to the room where we would have orientation. Halfway down the hall, Eli shouted, "It's okay, Bella! School is fun!" I needed that laugh. I love that boy! After a few minutes, I could no longer hear her cries.
After the orientation, when I went to pick her up, she was drawing at the table with the rest of her class. When she saw me, she bypassed Eli, ran to me, and clung to me for dear life. Sweet baby girl! Ms. Kristie informed me that after sitting on her lap for 45 minutes, Bella was fine. 45 minutes? I couldn't help but laugh out loud.
This is only the beginning of many first day of school experiences, my sweet little girl. Daddy and I are looking forward to each and every one of them.
No comments:
Post a Comment