That was what kept going through my head over and over and over again as I read this sentence in an email I received from Stephen's commander, "It is my hope that the information included will assist you during the upcoming deployment of your soldier as a part of the Operation Enduring Freedom." Deployment? Did I read that correctly? I reread it again and again. My heart felt like it stopped and my entire body went numb. As I walked upstairs, I prayed Stephen would tell me this was a mistake, but in my heart, I knew it wasn't. With tears in my eyes, I asked him, "Are you going to be deployed?" and in an instant, with his sad answer, all of the happiness that has surrounded us since his homecoming dissipated. Stephen has known since we arrived here, in
If there is one thing I have learned from being an "Army wife" it is that change is constant. Stephen will be leaving in July, so that leaves plenty of time for something to change. Right? If this does not change, Eli, Bella, and I will once again move to
Saturday, August 14, 2010
This cannot be happening. It has to be a mistake.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Amanda, what a beautiful family you have! And what a proud mother you are! Eli and Bella are so blessed to have the two of you. You surely do compliment one another and adore one another so much. It tells so much about Stephen's character that he kept it from you for two months that he had to go. I'm like you, "bless his heart." You know he will not go anywhere with out pictures of his three babies with him everyewhere he goes. I will be praying for his safety and for peace in your hearts as your apart. I can't imagine how you must feel knowing you want to keep him home but are so proud that he will be out serving our country. God bless you guys. Love you. Victoria
ReplyDelete