Something happened today for the first time that I hope will happen for years to come. Eli and Bella love playing in the play area at Chick-fil-A. It's awesome if we go early because there are usually only one or two other kids in there. Sometimes we have the whole place to ourselves. Today, we went during lunchtime. I should have known better than to do that. As we entered the play area, I immediately noticed that the kids playing in there were much older than Eli and Bella. In fact, one boy was too old to be playing in there at all. They were engaged in a game of tag, a very rough game of tag. They were chasing one another up the slides, through the tunnels, and all around. Eli and Bella just watched for a while. Then we played on the bottom level. That didn't last long. They wanted to play, too. They both began to climb. As the older boy started to climb down, Eli stopped, looked at him, and said, "She's (Bella) a baby. You can't be rough with her." My precious little boy! So, so sweet. He was protecting Bella. I loved it! My little Eli telling that big boy to basically be careful around his sister. Later on, Eli came running to me and said, "Mommy, they are playing too rough around Bella." I hope he will always be protective of her.
Wednesday, August 11, 2010
Bella's Bodyguard
Something happened today for the first time that I hope will happen for years to come. Eli and Bella love playing in the play area at Chick-fil-A. It's awesome if we go early because there are usually only one or two other kids in there. Sometimes we have the whole place to ourselves. Today, we went during lunchtime. I should have known better than to do that. As we entered the play area, I immediately noticed that the kids playing in there were much older than Eli and Bella. In fact, one boy was too old to be playing in there at all. They were engaged in a game of tag, a very rough game of tag. They were chasing one another up the slides, through the tunnels, and all around. Eli and Bella just watched for a while. Then we played on the bottom level. That didn't last long. They wanted to play, too. They both began to climb. As the older boy started to climb down, Eli stopped, looked at him, and said, "She's (Bella) a baby. You can't be rough with her." My precious little boy! So, so sweet. He was protecting Bella. I loved it! My little Eli telling that big boy to basically be careful around his sister. Later on, Eli came running to me and said, "Mommy, they are playing too rough around Bella." I hope he will always be protective of her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Tear! That is precious! Love the new picture at the top of the page. You look great!
ReplyDelete