Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Eli's First Day of Preschool

With his backpack on his back and flowers in his hands, Eli was ready for his first day of school... or was he?

Considering that for the past few days the mention of the word "school" has prompted tears and protest, I fully expected waterworks when we dropped Eli off for his first day of preschool. As Eli handed his teacher a small bouquet of flowers, she remarked that she had never gotten "first day of school" flowers before. Score one for Eli!


To my surprise, when it was time to say goodbye, Eli held Mrs. Green's hand and walked in the door. No tears or even a sad look. Whew! What a relief. When I picked him up, he was playing at the water table and did not want to leave. He actually kind of threw a little fit because he wanted to stay at school. Mrs. Green said that Eli was perfect. She told me about a short conversation they had before going outside...

Mrs. Green: Eli, you need to go potty before we go outside.
Eli: No, that's okay. I'll just pee outside. That's what I do at Grandma and Grandpa's house.

What?! We both laughed about it, but I felt the need to assure her that we do not let Eli pee outside. Funny, funny kid. You never know what is going to come out of his mouth.

Tonight, I received an email with some pictures of Eli working at school today. I love it that Mrs. Green takes pictures to send to the parents of her students. Stephen and I were looking at these pictures with Eli and asking him to tell us about what he was doing. He told us he was "working hard." No doubt he was. Eli is going to have a great school year!








These are two pictures of Bella that have nothing to do with Eli's first day of school. She's just so dang cute!


3 comments:

  1. Ohhhh honey that brings tears to my eyes to see Eli all grown up sitting at the desk doing his thing. Bella sooo adorable like she is in school too with them pigtails. God bless them both. That is so funny about peeing outside at Grandma and Grandpa's house??? LOL LOL!! That Eli is really something else. He still remember that??? My goodness. I know I don't do that. Did Dad let him do that??

    ReplyDelete
  2. How precious!!! I'm so so proud of Eli, my big boy! LOL LOL-no I do it at Grandma and Grandpa's house. Glenn--what are you teaching him :) thanks for sharing this honey. Love U we need to figure out when we're coming to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great little school! So nice to see our children have productive academic days. That Bella is too cute!

    ReplyDelete