

It’s been years since Stephen and I have taken a beach trip. Years. We haven’t been to the beach since August of 2006. As I type that, I just can't believe it's been that long. I love the beach!
On Friday, while trying to decide what we were going to do that day, Stephen said, “We should go to
Finally, the moment arrived and we were in
We all woke up early the next morning and headed to the beach. Eli and Bella enjoyed playing in the sand. Bella was okay with being in the sand as long as she had her shoes on her feet. She really liked walking off and exploring (aka finding things to pick up and put in her mouth).
She tried chasing after Eli when he went into the water, but turned and ran in the other direction as soon as the water hit her toes.
Once, she did let a small wave crash onto her, but she fell down as soon as the wave went back out. We all played in the sand and built a sandcastle. Eli wanted to be buried in the sand until he figured out he had to be still and lie down on the ground. After he came to that realization, he wanted to get up immediately. It was a fun, fun day at the beach. Eli, of course, did not want to leave when it was time to go.
We ate dinner at The Rainforest Café.
It was a fun place for the kids. There was a ride inside that took us on a journey through the rainforest. Some of the animals were very life-like, but others were just funny looking, like this monkey.
There was also live entertainment outside. Eli and Bella enjoyed watching the singing. When I asked Eli what his favorite part of the day was, he said it was walking on the rocks.
This was our first family trip to the beach, and we all had a wonderful time. This beach trip was vastly different from our past beach trips. There was no partying, no going dancing, no laying out and relaxing in the sun for hours. We did have one late night... when Bella didn't want to go to sleep. I'm so glad Stephen and I have great memories of our beach trips together before having our precious babies, and I am so,so,so looking forward to the many, many more memories we will create over the years as we visit the beach each and every year (hint, hint Stephen). I am so happy Eli and Bella were able to visit the beach. I’m sure Bella won’t remember it, but I think Eli will. We will definitely go back again soon. I was already trying to plan our next trip before we left. Stephen though we should just look later.
Oh, one more thing... Bella enjoyed her very first ice cream cone...




No comments:
Post a Comment