Saturday, August 22, 2009

And So It Begins...

Well, here it is, my very first blog entry. Yes, Kim and Jenny, I finally decided to do it. I've been thinking about doing this for a while now but I haven't for two reasons: 1) time and 2) I didn't want to put our lives "out there" for all to see. Maybe I watch too much Dateline, but there are just too many crazies in this world! When it comes to my precious little babies, I can't be too careful. Anyway, I found out that I can make this blog private so that only those I invite will be able to read it (I just have to figure out how to do that), and I have decided that I am going to make time for this. Eli and Bella do so many cute things on a daily basis. Of course I have a baby book for each of them and calendars with stickers for all the "firsts," but being able to chronicle our lives in this way will be something Stephen and I can look back on. When Eli and Bella are older, I think they will enjoy reading this.

Okay, so here goes...

As I begin blogging (That is so strange to type; I never thought I would be a blogger!), Stephen and I have been married for almost 4 1/2 years. We have been blessed with the two most precious babies in the whole world.

Eli Wesley and Anabella Madelyn


Eli, now two, is the cutest little boy ever! He has a larger than life personality, a contagious laugh, energy like you wouldn't believe, a loving nature, and I do have to say that he is the smartest two year old I know. He makes me laugh so many times each day. Since Stephen isn't here right now, I try to remember to tell him all of the funny things Eli says or does throughout the day so he can laugh, too. It's just not the same as it would be if he could experience it first hand. I hate that he's missing these precious moments, but I know we will all be together soon.



Eli just started school (Mother's Morning Out) this month. It's been a difficult transition for him. I'm certain that Miss Judy will not always have to peel him off of me. Other than being with Grandma and Grandpa, he's never really been away from Mommy. I question if this is the right thing to do, and although it breaks my heart to see him cry, I do know that this is a good thing.

First Day of School

____________________________________________________________________




Our sweet little baby girl, Bella, is almost five months old. She's a happy little thing, always smiling. She's rolling over all the time, scooting around, and just taking it all in. She likes to be talked to, loves to take a bath, and she really likes sleeping in Mommy and Daddy's bed. Uh oh! That's going to be a hard habit to break... for Bella and for Mommy.


__________________________________________________________________

As most of you know, Stephen loves softball! The summer after we started dating, he was playing on three different softball teams. As one game would end, we would jet to the car and be off to another field for another game. It was actually a lot of fun.

We even went to Orlando one summer so Stephen and Michael could play in the Black American Tournament. Yes, you read that correctly. They were the token white boys of the team; each team was allowed two of those.




I used to tell him that softball was his second true love. Now that I think about that, he never disagreed with me.

Stephen didn't get to play much softball last year, but he has been playing since he arrived in Cuba. I am happy that he has been able to do something he enjoys while being away from us. Last week, his softball team won their championship game! He got a trophy. I wish I could have been there to cheer him on. I'm glad he got someone to take pictures!

1 comment:

  1. Way to blog Amanda...great entry. The pictures and the spacing in the blogging world are ridiculously annoying! I have found it easiest to just keep the pictures in the "center", and to put all of your pictures in first, and then type around them. Also with spacing, sometimes it does not give you the spaces in between paragraphs. One way you can assure that you get spacing in between paragraphs is put a line of astricks, or periods or something. Like this:
    *****************************

    Also, shrinking pictures before uploading them will make that process much faster. Just a few ideas to get you started.

    Love the layout!

    ReplyDelete