Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Mr. Independent

Eli is quite independent these days. He wants to do everything on his own! Tonight, I carried him into his room to sit down and read a story. Right when I sat down, he said, "No Mommy, Eli do it." I asked, "What do you want to do?" His reply, "Eli walk in here by yourself." So, he had to get down off of my lap, walk out of his room, and turn around just to walk back in and sit on my lap. Whatever makes him happy, right?

Eli has also been quite persistent about wanting to take his own clothes off before bathtime. Tonight, he dropped his toys, took his shorts and diaper off in the kitchen, and while I was getting Bella out of the jumper, he ran to the bathroom.


I looked around the corner, and he was standing on his stool trying to "pee-pee in the potty" like a big boy, standing up! He has attempted this once before, with my assistance, but I didn't see anyway that tiny little wee-wee could aim and make it in the toilet. I mean there is nothing to hold on to. (I'm sure Eli will love reading this post one day. Ha!!) By the time I got in the bathroom, he had already peed and was oh so proud of himself for standing up to pee in the pot. Needless to say, none of the pee went in the toilet! Oh, did I mention the stool on which he was standing was a mile away from the toilet?



1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness that is hilarious, I bet that is hard to let them be independent when you have been their everything for so long. What a big boy

    ReplyDelete