Monday, August 24, 2009

A Weed Like No Other and Grandma Knows Best

As we walked out the front door this morning, ready to go for a walk, I did not hear, "Mommy, Eli drive," nor did I have to say, "Eli, please stay in our yard." As I was preparing Bella for our walk, making sure she was comfy in the stroller and had toys to keep her entertained, Eli was walking slowly, almost pacing in the grass, close to the sidewalk. I wondered what he was doing but didn't ask. I was sure to keep one eye on him because you never know what that boy will pick up and put in his mouth. As I saw his hand reach for the ground, the words were ready to roll off of my tongue, "Eli, what is that? Don't put it in your mouth." Just then he plucked the flower part off of a weed, walked over to me, and said, "Here Mommy," and smiled at me. It was so sweet. I thanked him, gave him kisses, and explained to him that girls really like flowers. I also told him this as we walked to school on his first day, when he had a flower for each of his teachers. I guess he must have remembered what I said. Then he picked another one and said, "Give this one to Bella." What a precious little boy! Giving flowers for no reason at all, just like Daddy.

Doesn't this just look like the face of a boy who would give his mommy and sister flowers?

____________________________________________________________________

"You need something over your ears or you'll catch pneumonia." Who hasn't heard those words come out of their mother's (or grandmother's) mouth? I remember hearing it from Grandmother and Mom when I was a kid. Well, yesterday was such a beautiful day, Mom and I decided to take Eli and Bella for an evening stroll. Mom thought Eli and Bella both needed "something over their ears", so I put hats on both of them. I even put a sweater on Bella (see below). When we got outside, the wind was barely blowing, and it wasn't chilly at all. Bella became fussy, probably because she was dressed for a St. Louis winter. The sweater and hat came off. It made an adorable picture anyway.


No comments:

Post a Comment