Saturday, September 17, 2011

Yard Sales, Motorcycles, and More

What a busy Saturday this has been! We started our morning bright and early and went to several yard sales. Eli and Bella like looking at the toys, Mom likes looking at everything, and I usually end up looking at children's books. Today, Eli got a scooter. Not the kind with training wheels, but a two wheel Razor. He loves it!


I have no idea why he is riding in his undies. Eli just really likes being in his undies.
Mom found this wicker patio furniture. I think it looks great on the back porch!

Next, we made our way to, well, we really didn't have an actual destination. We just knew we wanted watch the Trail of Tears ride by. We began to drive down 565 and exited close to the Space and Rocket Center. Mom asked a lady at the light, "Are they coming?" The biker chick told us that they had already been by. Ugh! Knowing they were going to stop in Madison, we made our way there to look at all the motorcycles. Eli really enjoyed seeing all of those motorcycles in one place. It really was something to see. Poor baby Bella just seemed to be along for the ride as she still wasn't herself. This pic was taken yesterday. She hasn't been feeling well, but she was better today than she has been the past couple of days. After we were told the bikers would be heading out "in about thirty minutes," we decided to drive down the road to find a place to sit and watch as they rode by. So, we drove a couple of miles down the road, found us a nice spot, opened the back, had a snack, and waited.
We blew bubbles and waited a bit longer.
The kids played in the field, and yes, we continued to wait.
Where in the heck were the motorcycles?! Realizing that when the bikes did begin to pass, we were going to be stuck in that spot until the entire group had passed us, we decided to move to the other side of the road. As we began to drive down the road, we saw the line of bikes turning left, onto a road about a mile down from where we were positioned. Thankfully, we had not missed much, or we would have had two very disappointed children, not to mention Mommy and Grandma! We pulled over, got out, and watched the line of bikes drive down the road. Eli was very excited! He and Bella both had fun watching all of the bikes pass by. Eli did ask me why they were not throwing candy. Ha!

After that, we went to eat as Casa Blanca. When we were leaving, Eli said, "I have to go poop." Mom was going to take him back inside the restaurant, but he said, "No, I want to wait until I get home. I only want to poop at home!" Stephen, you have to know where I'm going with this. He is JUST LIKE Stephen in so many ways, including this one!

This evening, Bella helped me prepare Grandparent's Day gifts. I don't know why I thought Grandparent's Day was tomorrow. I'm slacking! I thought the gifts turned out so cute... The directions for preparing the soup are on the back. I actually made a pot of this soup for dinner tonight. I was quite yummy!


Eli figured out he could actually be like Spiderman and climb the wall. "Look at this, Mommy! I can climb the wall." He's such a little monkey!



Side note...
Eli and Bella both received post cards from Stephen last week and wrote him back (dictated letters to me) the other day. They are both just so precious. Eli's cracked me up. I know they both miss Stephen, as do I. I am so thankful to be here, with mom and dad while he's gone! I could not ask for better parents, or grandparents. Nine more months and our family will be back together FOREVER!



Shoot stuff?? I have no idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment