My Little Stud Muffin
It took Eli a very long time to get used to the idea of going to Mother's Morning Out one day a week. Would he ever stop crying and not wanting to go to school? For the first three or so months he cried every time I dropped him off and most of the time when I picked him up from school. I never thought he would get used to being away from Mommy and going to school. Then one day it happened! My little boy kissed me goodbye (a kiss I had to ask for), walked through the half door of his classroom, and began taking off is backpack and coat. He was officially a big boy now. Whew! Finally, no more crying and having to feel like I was devastating my baby when Ms. Judy had to peel him off of me to get him into the classroom. What a relief! This small Wednesday class consisted of nothing but boys until a couple of months ago when the class finally got a girl. Since then, they've added two more little girls to the class. Maybe having girls in the class is what it took for Eli to actually like going to school... Last week while talking about school, Eli said to me, "Zadie's cute, Mommy," and followed up with, "Kylie's cute, too." I thought it was really cute that he said that. Well, when I was talking to one of his teachers after school this week, she said to me, "Eli really likes Zadie." She then informed me that Eli tries to sit by her at lunch, and he pulls her mat next to his during quiet time so that she has to sit by him! Really? Is this happening already? I was trying to get my mind around it. I remember thinking a boy on my t-ball team was cute when I was six but I never would have told anyone. Then I remembered something. I remembered going with Aunt Kathy one day, many years ago, to pick Jenny up from school. She was Eli's age. I remember her kissing little boys though the window and telling us all about her three boyfriends. I got a good laugh thinking about that and so did Aunt Kathy when I told her about it. Anyway, I'm happy Eli likes school and is excited to go each and every Wednesday. Gotta love this face...
Don't you worry Amanda, he will be fine- a ladies man, but fine. Yes, everyone likes to bring that day to my attention quite often. I think it was just the start of my boy drunk life. Hey, but it did lead me to the best boy of them all. Eli is just praticing for his future wife:)
ReplyDelete