Monday, September 3, 2012

The First Day of School

Last week was Eli's first week of kindergarten.  A couple of days before school started, we came home to find a welcome note and a goody bag on our front door.  Eli was just a little excited to find candy inside the bag.  Of course, he shared his treats with Bella. 
On the very first day of his very first year of public school, real school, big boy school, all day, Mommy is going to miss me like crazy school, we all piled into the van and drove .5 miles down the road.  Eli was excited and ready to go! The rest of the week, we walked to school, but on the first day, we had so many school supplies to deliver to the classroom!  We thought driving would be best.  

 
 
  
 
After a few pictures and lots of hugs, we were ready to go to kindergarten!  Mrs. Knox greeted Eli at the door, and he was ready to go in and join the rest of the kids.  
 
 
I have no doubts whatsoever that my Eli, member of the gradating class of 2025, will have a wonderful first year of school!   

When Bella and I returned home, Stephen left for work, and it was just the two of us, she asked me to read Ten in the Bed.  I used to read this book to Eli every single night when he was a baby.  When Bella brought me the book, images of reading that book to him flooded my mind, and I had to go to the bathroom and shed a few tears.  Time just passes too quickly.  I mean how in the world can Eli already be in school?  When I came back to the living room to read to her, I found her already reading to her baby doggie (That's what she calls her.), Max.  This adorable sight definitely put a smile on my face!  Sweet girl! 

After a Mommy-Bella day of playing, reading, a dance class, and a Zumba class, Bella and I headed to school to pick up our Eli!  All smiles, he was so excited to see us.  This video was taken after school, on the first day of school.  After a summer full of playing, he is definitely not used to sitting down for so long!  He had TONS of energy when he came home from school.  TONS!  We had to go outside so he could run.  

It still doesn't seem like he's old enough to be going to school for so many hours each day.  After five precious years of staying home with him, it is definitely going to be different having him away from home for such a long period of time, but he seems eager and ready to be in school.  I am thankful for that.  I was so happy he had a good day, but after missing his sweet face all day long, my heart swelled when I heard him say this...  


********** 
The very next day, Bella had her first day of school.  
  
I wondered if she would be shy and apprehensive about her new school, but she wasn't.  After looking like she might cry, she went right inside, ready to start her school day.  
 
She had a fun, productive day, and was excited to return to school on Friday.  She is attending the same school Eli attended when he was three!  I know she is going to love it!  Her teacher, Ms. Green, has already had some wonderful things to say about her.  She also sent us some pictures of Bella working hard and having fun.  




It's going to be a great school year for both Eli and Bella!

No comments:

Post a Comment