Eli's prayer tonight was precious.
Hands folded and eyes closed, Eli began, "Dear Jesus, Thank you for everything in this world. Please help Grandpa to never ever ever drink Diet Coke or Diet Pepsi ever again. (Eli knows it is bad for him and that he is trying to cut back.) Please help our family all be together again, and bring Daddy home safely. And please help that baby bird that was in Maxy's mouth be okay again. (Maxy had a bird in her mouth tonight! That's an entirely different post. Gross!!!) In Jesus' name we pray. Amen."
Feeling so proud of his prayer, I said, "Eli, I love you. You are such a sweet boy with a good heart." He gave me a big squeeze, lifted his arm, and said, "Mommy, smell my armpit."
Boys will be boys, and I love my Eli so much!

ha!!! That's too funny! Looking forward to seeing you guys tomorrow!
ReplyDelete