It was difficult to find a good pumpkin patch around here. We drove about 30 minutes to get to one. When we arrived, it was basically a house with pumpkins set up in the backyard. What? In the past, we have been to some great pumpkin patches. I don't know what this place was all about. Eli and Bella liked looking at all the pumpkins and walking around, so it was okay.


This was Bella's first time carving a pumpkin. Last year, she was already in bed when Eli and I carved Eli's pumpkin. She didn't want to touch the guts at all, but she did want to help cut into the pumpkin.
Stephen and I tried to decide on costumes for Eli and Bella. At first, we discussed Eli being a cowboy and Bella being a cowgirl. We are in Texas, after all. We couldn't really find a cute cowgirl costume for Bella. While at Target one day, Eli saw a mask he really wanted. It was the mask of a knight. Perfect! Eli could be a knight and Bella could be a princess. What would Bella wear? I made this adorable tutu dress for her to wear...
Too bad she screamed in terror anytime it came near her. For some reason, she is scared of tutus!!! How can this be? Eli wears his knight costume around the house all the time, but when it came time to dress up and go to a party at Stephen's work, he didn't want to wear it. So, Stephen , Bella, and I wore 70s attire, and Eli dressed as a Mexican wrestler.
As it came time for trick-or-treating, I kept wondering what Bella would wear since she was scared of the tutu when I remembered a cute dress she had in her closet and some butterfly wings she had in her room. She looked so, so adorable!
This was Stephen's first year being able to trick-or-treat with us. The first year, we didn't go door-to-door as Eli was only four months old. The second Halloween, he had a work late. Dang recruiting! Last year, he was in Cuba. This year, we all had a wonderful time together.
No comments:
Post a Comment