Thursday, November 12, 2009

Hairy Hiney


There have been some funny things that have happened over the past couple of days. There is never a dull moment around this house, that's for sure! Eli keeps me laughing all the time.

For as long as I can remember, I seem to lose a lot of hair. Sometimes I find it amazing that I have a full head of hair with as much hair as I seem to lose daily. It's kind of gross, but my hair ends up everywhere! It has clogged the bathtub drain and the vacuum cleaner. I had to get a different drain plug to keep the hair from going down the drain since the one that was on there originally didn't catch anything at all. So... Eli has been wanting to get in the shower with me in the mornings while Bella is taking her nap. After I'm finished showering, he likes to stay in there and play. He'll stay in there until the hot water runs out. This has been great for me because I can do my hair and make up while he's right there in the shower. Today, he, all of a sudden, started screaming. I opened the shower curtain and asked, "What's wrong?" To that, Eli answered, while still crying, "This is yucky hair. Get it off, Mommy." I looked and he had taken my hair out of the drain catcher, and there was a huge wad of hair stuck to his thigh. As I pulled it off, I noticed that the hair was also coming out of his hiney. I asked him if he put hair in his hiney. He said, "Yes." Ha!!! I have no idea why he did this, but there was hair stuck in his butt crack. This is just so funny to me. I'm laughing out loud as I'm typing this just thinking about this happening. Eli, baby, I know one day when you read this you'll probably be so embarrassed.

Eli has been doing such a good job of using the potty. He has received much praise and many rewards for going to the potty. He has received a helmet, a guitar and Mr. Potato Head from Aunt Kathy, and many jelly beans (five each time he uses the potty). His favorite reward these days, lollipops. He just had his very first lollipop ever last week.


He will go in the bathroom by himself and use the potty. I usually know when he's going because his clothes usually come off in the play area. He doesn't like to have clothes on when he goes to the restroom. Like father, like son, I guess. Today, he pulled his undies off and ran to the bathroom. I noticed the light wasn't on, so I followed him in there (This has been a big no no lately. He does not want Mommy in the bathroom with him!) to turn on the light. As I turned on the light, he began to pee. I knew this because it squirted straight up in the air. Eli saw this happening but did not stop, he just tried to move around to make his wee wee go down in the toilet. His attempt to do this was unsuccessful and resulted in what looked like one of the dancing fountains at the Bellagio! I didn't even know what to do. I just froze. It went back and forth and sprayed about half of the shower curtain. After it stopped, we both just looked at each other and laughed. I guess that shower curtain probably needed to be washed anyway.

When Eli poops in the potty, he usually tells me that it looks like a stick. "Yes, Eli it does look like a stick," I always say to him. Today, he told me that it looked like an eel. Whatever works. As long he's pooping in the potty it can look like whatever his imagination dreams.


This morning, right when he woke up, he had to go pee-pee. When he came back and announced that he pee-peed in the potty, I praised him for that and then said, "Eli I didn't give you morning hugs and kisses. Come here." So, I gave him a hug and a kiss, and he asked, with his eyebrows raised, "Mommy gonna give my wee-wee a hug, too?" He didn't seem at all hurt when I told him no. You just never know what his going to come out of Eli's mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment