Monday, September 7, 2009
Is it called "baby weight" if you gain the weight after your precious little bundle of joy is born?
When I was pregnant, with Eli and with Bella, and would go for each monthly doctor visit, I was always thrilled when I would only gain a pound or two. Thankfully, I didn't gain a lot of weight with either pregnancy. But, since moving back to Huntsville, I've gained ten pounds! Ugh. Where is this weight coming from? It's not like I sit around the house all day eating or doing nothing. Could this be the result of not exercising regularly? Sometimes eating too late? Yes and yes. I decided that I have to do something about this! That something is going to be running. I never thought that would be something I would even think about doing. I hate running, always have. When I used to ride the bike and pull Eli while Stephen would run, I would look at him and be so thankful that I was the one pulling Eli. When Alice tells me about how far she runs, I cannot even imagine doing that. I always ask her, "You ran all that way without having to stop?"
So, I started running. I have been waking up early and running back and forth in front of the house. I ran from a light pole at the end of the street to another light pole two houses down from ours. After running this once, I told myself I would do it twenty times. That seemed to be a good number. After about five times, I was huffing and puffing, wondering what I had gotten myself into, and being disgusted that I let myself get so out of shape! I had to stop and walk a few times, but I did my twenty. I got in the car later and found that I ran exactly two miles. It was horrible the first day but not as bad the second or the third. I was able to run without stopping. Woohoo!!
Since beginning this entry, Stephen came home for a visit. I am sad to report that I did not run at all while he was here. We did go on walks, but that's not the same. We decided that we are both going to start the P90X program on Monday. I hope I'm able to walk on Tuesday. I think it's really going to kick both of our butts! It's a 90 day program. I guess we'll consider this our before picture. Get ready, Stephen! Monday will be here before we know it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment